Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

My 1st cooking lesson


Weather: Sunny

Level of Happiness: 49%

Today is the 1st day of my college holiday. Since I have nothing to do today, I decided to prepare my lunch together with my sister. There were many funny incidents throughout the whole cooking process, especially when buying the vegetables in the market. I planned to make potato salad, so, after having my breakfast, I went to the market with my sister to buy some ingredients needed.

When we were stranding in front of the stall that selling those things, we know that the problem arise. To our surprise….oh no…why there are so much of potatoes displaying there??...with different price, the size & the shape are almost the same!! Which potatoes should I buy for my potato salad??? I was standing there to look around for a few minutes….finally I decided to ask the stall-holder that which type of potato that is most suitable for salad. She told me that we should buy the smaller ones so that they would not be too soft when they were boiled. However, my sister told me that we should choose the bigger ones as the softer the potatoes, the better the taste. So, we finally compromise on buying both, one each.

Next, we headed to another stall to buy some limes ( erm…i’m not sure whether the name is correct, please tell me if I had make a mistake…haha ) I was not sure about the price of the limes & the minimum amount needed. I just picked up 3 limes to the person and ask him about the price… Without asking me much, he just took another 2 more limes to put into the plastic bag and told me “20 cents”… Oh no….. I was so embarrassed… haha …. Perhaps I purchased too little amount of the limes….

After all ingredients have been bought, we went back to prepare our lunch. It takes us approximately 1.5 hours to prepare all the dishes. It was a great experience for me as I had learned a lot. As a beginner, I will probably give myself 80 marks for all the food prepared. Haha…..it was so interesting….wuhoo ~ ~

3 comments:

  1. get ur shoutout box from www.shoutmix.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. and paste it on HTML/Java script there
    easier for reader to comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz... then next time when gal married you, she no need learn hw to cook le!!

    ReplyDelete